[pure-silver] Re: Mercury Intensifier (VMI): was Increasing Grain

  • From: Bill Stephenson <photographica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 23:44:55 -0400

Sorry for being *really* late on this, but...I have been away and am just getting close to caught up. I've never used a mercury intensifier, BUT...my question is when should I look for what symptoms? As a child (8-12 years old) I used to *play* with some of the mercury left in my grandfather's things (he and his father were both dentists). One of the not-infrequent activities of our small group of hellions was to take pennies, *rub* mercury all over them (with our bare hands, of course), and then see how many we could pawn off as dimes in drugstore purchases.

I've reached 65 and have grown no new appendages, and I can still type (at least well enough for this), and don't use a spellchecker. One of the other members of the group taught at West Point for years, then worked for Pfizer, and became Head Selectman for a New Jersey town (OK, maybe the last one isn't a sign of sanity...). Others have lived to this day. Maybe there's a backwards connection - to my knowledge, none of that group has passed away!

My real question is how have we all reached seniority without visible signs of problems? This was not a one-time thing; thirty to fifty times, times a dozen or so coins each time, would be closer.

Also - just to be perverse, I guess - I have a one-pound glass jar of mercury in with my photographic miscellany.

And why can't we have batteries, but we can have fluorescent lights...

Any clues?

-Bill

On Saturday, July 8, 2006, at 07:12  AM, Tim Rudman wrote:

I'm catching up over the weekend on PS emails from when I was away, and came
late on this thread.