[pure-silver] Re: Kodak Double X (was Re: Re: update: verichrome pan dev time)

  • From: Brian Reynolds <reynolds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 13:54:30 -0400

Richard Knoppow wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Reynolds" <reynolds@xxxxxxxxx>
> >I have not tried it, and I don't know if that seller is legit, but The
> >Film Photography Project is selling Eastman Double-X respooled in 35mm
> >canisters, and on 100 foot rolls for bulk loading.  They are buying
> >the film direct from Kodak.
> >
> >24 exposure DX coded 35mm canister
> ><http://filmphotographyproject.com/store/35mm-bw-eastman-double-x-5222-1-roll>
> >
> >100 foot roll
> ><http://filmphotographyproject.com/store/fpp-eastman-double-x-5222-35mm-x-305m-100-ft>
> >

>     Note that there were several films with similar names. Super-XX
> was a motion picture stock while Double-X was a still film.  By
> memory there was also a Super-XX reversal stock for motion pictures.
> Same with Plus-X, there was both a negative and reversal stock for
> motion picture use. Double-XX still film has not been made for
> decades.

According to the folks at the Film Photograph Project it is EASTMAN
DOUBLE-X Negative Film 5222, which Kodak lists as a motion picture
film, and sells on 400 foot and 1000 foot cores.  Mike at FPP respools
it; either in 35mm cartridges, or on 100 foot reels for bulk loading.

--
Brian Reynolds                  | "It's just like flying a spaceship.
reynolds@xxxxxxxxx              |  You push some buttons and see