[pure-silver] Re: Kodak Double X (was Re: Re: update: verichrome pan dev time)

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 09:13:11 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Reynolds" <reynolds@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2014 3:03 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Kodak Double X (was Re: Re: update: verichrome pan dev time)

Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Speaking of old films, has anyone tried this? Is it legit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kodak-Double-X-35mm-Black-and-White-film-in-24-Exposure-rolls-Rapakpan-XX-/200936522138?pt=US_Camera_Film&hash=item2ec8c0019a

I have not tried it, and I don't know if that seller is legit, but The Film Photography Project is selling Eastman Double-X respooled in 35mm canisters, and on 100 foot rolls for bulk loading. They are buying
the film direct from Kodak.

24 exposure DX coded 35mm canister
<http://filmphotographyproject.com/store/35mm-bw-eastman-double-x-5222-1-roll>

100 foot roll
<http://filmphotographyproject.com/store/fpp-eastman-double-x-5222-35mm-x-305m-100-ft>

Note that there were several films with similar names. Super-XX was a motion picture stock while Double-X was a still film. By memory there was also a Super-XX reversal stock for motion pictures. Same with Plus-X, there was both a negative and reversal stock for motion picture use. Double-XX still film has not been made for decades.

Los Angeles
WB6KBL