[pure-silver] Re: Kentmere in Canada Quote

  • From: Lloyd Erlick <lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 12:19:48 -0400

At 05:20 PM 4/29/2006 , Ryuji wrote:
>Although it's not a factor for me, now they are talking about Mexico
>decriminalizing posession of narcotics for individual consumption, so
>some are considering to move there :-)
>=============

April 30, 2006, from Lloyd Erlick,

The Mexican government decriminalized marijuana, cocaine and heroin, in
small, 'personal usage' quantities.

I can understand decriminalizing marijuana, but what made them go for
cocaine? Cocaine is physically debilitating and ends in brain damage. It is
simply not a suitable substance to have on the loose in one's society.

The same is true for amphetamines (I don't know if Mexico included this
substance in their relaxation of laws).

Cocaine and amphetamine abusers become paranoid and violent directly due to
the drug. Pot and even heroin users do not suffer the same damage, and tend
to be much safer as far as their neighbours are concerned. Alcohol
similarly damages people, but takes much, much longer than cocaine or
amphetamine. We saw the effects of attempting to prohibit alcohol use in
our society. The same has happened with street drugs; organized crime loves
prohibition.

In Canada there is a hugely wealthy family named Bronfman. The original
fortune came to them during Prohibition time in North America; the Bronfman
patriarch ran speedboats across the Lake to USA to supply alcohol to the
American Mob. The more recent generations of Bronfmans have diversified
into legal enterprises.

The name 'Bronfman' translates to 'whiskey man'.