[pure-silver] Re: Jazz (OT)

  • From: Martin magid <martin.magid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pure Silver <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 20:44:23 -0500

Happy post-Thanksgiving to all.  It was a special Thanksgiving because not
only did the Lions win, but this was the first Thanksgiving of my 3rd
grandson, born 4 weeks ago.

I love the Johnny Smith -Stan Getz recording, having bought the 10-in.
vinyl on my (1st) honeymoon in 1955 in NYC at Sam Goody's record store.
Was it a red vinyl Pacific Jazz?

I can't recall what happened to the vinyl, but I got the CD a few years
ago, and still enjoy it.  To these old ears, the sound is the same, without
he pops and scratches the vinyl acquired after many plays.

I got on an elevator with a 6-year-old grandson a few days ago, and he was
carrying his violin case.  A woman  asked what his favorite song was, and
he couldn't think of the name.  I said "If I have anything to say about it,
it will be 'Take Five'.

Marty