[pure-silver] Re: It's my turn to ask a question ;-)

  • From: "Clifford Brown" <cliffordbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 21:01:40 -0000

Try this for sticking leather or leatherette to metal. Coat the metal with
Evo-stick impact adhesive and allow to dry thoroughly . Coat the
leather/leatherette with PVA adhesive  (I assume this what white glue is in
the US?) and place in position, suitably weighted or clamped lightly. A good
idea is to use polythene plastic between the new covering and the clamping
surface.    I used this method on leatherette to aluminium 30 years ago and
it is still OK! Try a test piece first.  Meths will remove any PVA where it
should not be.

Clifford.
Somerset UK.