[pure-silver] Re: Increasing Warmth In Ansco 115, Dassonville D-3 , et al

  • From: "Nicholas O. Lindan" <nolindan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 20:56:27 -0500

From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
AFAIK, the prints should be washed before toning.

If you go straight from fix to KRST be sure to use fresh fixer. Any silver in the carried-over fix in
the paper emulsion will be promptly toned by the KRST -
AKA Staining: "I don't understand it, it worked fine
just an hour ago."

I use a 3-bath fixing regime if I am in a hurry and
toning without washing.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
http://www.darkroomautomation.com/index.htm