[pure-silver] Re: How Critical Is Wash Water Temperature

  • From: "bobkiss @caribsurf.com" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 15:15:11 -0400

DEAR RICHARD ET ALIA,
     I also would have to dig deeply into my old books to find the source
info but I do recall that, when washing prints after normal hypo fixer
without using a washing aid, if the water temp was too cold, the
silver-thiosulfate complexes could become strongly attached to the paper
fibers making complete, proper washing nearly impossible.  However, as
others have stated, using a washing aid reduces this problem.  Sorry I
can't be more specific.
                   CHEERS!
                             BOB