[pure-silver] Has anybody tried the new Adox Pan 25?

  • From: Timo Geusch <timo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 23:14:14 +0100

Hello,
just wondering what other people's experience with this film is. I've
just shot a few rolls while on holiday as I finally went somewhere with
enough light to allow the use of ISO 25 handheld[1] :).

Anyway, ran the first two rolls through the developer (Adox APH 09, an
"Ur-Rodinal" formulation) and noticed that the clear base of the film
actually has a slightly purpleish/pinkish tint. It's only very slight -
you mainly notice it while the film is still on the reel so you're
viewing several layers on top of each other.

I'm not really too bothered about it, although it could be a sign that
my fixing bath is almost exhausted; however I re-fixed the second film
for another 4-5 minutes and it didn't seem to make any impression. I was
just wondering if someone else had had that experience. For the record,
I'm using an alkaline fixer with the film (Retro Photographic's alkaline
fixer) although I doubt that this has much of an influence on the tint.

That said, the negs look good to me so far (I'm not a very experienced
darkroom worker though - only started fairly recently and don't get to
do more than 10-20 rolls/year). It'll be interesting to see what the
quality is like when I run the film through my scanner...

[1] Not something we get to do very often here in the UK.