[pure-silver] Re: HEPA Filter Info

  • From: photodogden <photodogden@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:20:34 +0100

My  HEPA filter consists, essentially, of a 2'x4' x18" box containing a
powerful fan, sucking in air through a coarse pre-filter and forcing it out
through a pleated paper filter about 4" deep and the full 2'x4' in area.
This removes all particulate matter from below bacterial size. One of a
flood damaged pair I saved from the skip, it's mounted in a corner of my
darkroom about 2' above the bench, covered here with a sheet of plate glass,
blowing a stream of dust free air downwards. A horizontal arrangement would
probably work as well. Something similar from a laboratory supplier would
now be very expensive as they  have to reach strict specifications. I have
no idea what is commercially available for less stringent requirements.

David Ogden