[pure-silver] Re: Gigabitfilm -> digital / film resolution

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:39:59 +0100

Jim MacKenzie a écrit :
> [...]
Hi !
Without going OT...
Digital sensor can't get the best of the lenses only if such lens has
outgoing rays perpendicular to the sensor surface (which is made of
"holes") if the rays are at an angle, there is some loss which cause
diffraction and various artifacts effects causing great resolution losses.
This is why there is a different lens for digital photography and silver
photography.
Film does not suffer this behavior, so a good "digital lens" of proper
coverage should give very good results with film. But, as digital sensor
have an APS size (for most) coverage and even illumination is calculated
for this sensor size therefore not covering 35 mm film.
Going digital also involve changing a set of fine expensive lenses...
--
Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons recyclés.
Aucun électron n'a été blessé ou forcé d'aucune manière