[pure-silver] Re: Freestyle EDU Film To Be Discontinued

  • From: Charlie Thorsten <charlie_thorsten@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 16:13:35 -0800 (PST)

>     A look at the Freestyle on-line catalogue tends
> confirm this. Freestyle sells Forte film under its
> own name
> and as Freestyle EDU. The EDU prices are
> substantially lower
> than the Forte prices. The saving on packaging and
> advertising can't be that much.
>
> ---
> Richard Knoppow
> Los Angeles, CA, USA
> dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I wonder if Ilford's going to do the same thing.
They make "house brands" of film and paper for
other companies as well, like Zone VI Brilliant
VCIII, Photo Warehouse's RC paper, and Fine Art
Photo Supply's "Fine Art Pan 125" sheetfilm
(which is FP4).  All of these products are priced
below Ilford's brand-name products.

-Charlie