[pure-silver] Re: Enlarger lenses

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 20:46:25 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Clifford Brown" <clip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2011 3:51 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Enlarger lenses
An addition: The worst lenses in my experience are Wollensak Enlarging Raptars. I think these may have suffered from the same design blunder that plagues the f/4.5 Raptar series made for press cameras. Quite sharp in the center of the field but never get quite sharp at the corners even at the smallest stops. OTOH, the contemporary Kodak Enlarging Ektars will hold their own with good modern lenses.