[pure-silver] Re: Curling at the edges

  • From: "Curtis Fant" <surrealistic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 18:05:22 -0600

I think the best way to dry fiber based paper is to hang it up and clip two
photographs back to back.  Once they are totally dry they can be stacked
together, but you really have to dry mount fiber based paper to enjoy it.
Years ago, I worked for a newspaper and we used fiber based single weight for
pictures that people bought and ferrotyped it.  It was uniformly curled at
least, but now I would never do anything with fiber unless it was dry mounted.
The paper curls on it's own, it's not the pressing that makes it curl.  If you
put regular paper in between prints to blot it, you might introduce acid into
the prints that will rear it's ugly head years later.  Not a good idea.

Hope this helps,

Curtis

Curtis Fant
www.geocities.com/curtisbliss