[pure-silver] Curling at the edges

  • From: jeffrey <puresilver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 09:06:21 -0800

Is the curling at the edges of fiber-based paper simply a
characteristic of fiber-based paper, or is it exacerbated by certain
processing techniques?

ie  is washing the print more than, say, two hours, going to cause
the edges to curl and ripple far more than if the print were only
washed one hour?

Or is most of the curling strictly the result of how it is dried? Can
I assume that most of you dry fiber prints using something akin to
blotter paper, with a weight on top?

(I have stayed away from fiber-based printing for some years, partly
because I seemed to have to go thru a lot of trouble to get the
prints flat.)