[pure-silver] Re: Cooling it Down-A Report

  • From: "Ryuji Suzuki" <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:42:58 -0400

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:22:46 -0400, "Ben R. McRee" <ben.mcree@xxxxxxxxx>
said:

> I had to increase exposure time for prints in the doctored developer
> by roughly 25% to get equivalent density.  I assume this is normal?
> Perhaps I should have extended development instead?

This may happen to some emulsions. It is best to test a piece with
extended development to determine the time necessary to completely
develop the image. Some papers, especially coldtone papers, may take
longer than standard stock emulsions. It also depends on the developer
formula. Giving full development time is generally more effective when
coldtone image is desired.