[pure-silver] Re: Contrast paper developer

  • From: "Adrienne Moumin" <photowonder2010@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 14:55:25 -0400

Last year I posted a similar query, albeit using my Saunders LPL 4550 XLG (which, as far as I can tell from the manual, does not have replaceable filters like the Durst).

I am glad to see this topic revisited, the answers are helpful and give me several avenues of exploration since I have been wrestling w/the same issue.

I recently came across this online article about safelights on Paul Butzi's website:

http://www.butzi.net/reviews/darkroom.htm#Safelights%20(Thomas%20Duplex,%20Patterson)
---------jump down to safelight section by clicking link on the left-hand list

I have been using a Thomas since I set up this darkroom, and Paul's article leaves me wondering whether the merely covering the vanes w/cardboard or other opaque material might just solve my problem.

I am waiting for a response to my e-mail to Tom Shoppa about whether his safelights have gone into production or further prototype versions, as I will be replacing the current setup in the darkroom where I will be teaching.

Thanks to all for the most helpful and thought provoking comments.

Keeping cool,
Adrienne Moumin

on the web at:    http://www.picturexhibit.com
Saatchi Gallery:    http://tinyurl.com/hw6r3