[pure-silver] Colour paper emulsion in bottles ?

  • From: Snoopy <snoopy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 10:35:46 +0100

Dear ist(s),

as friend of mine is a "painter" who usually paints on her own self-made
paper. This is made from Eucalyptus trees and is a very structured
surface, the paper "sheets" are almost 2 inches (4 centimeters) thick
and have large fibres running criss-cross.

She would like to try exposing colour photographs on such "sheets". So
the first question is:

Can one get hold of light sensitive colour emulsion for papers in
bottles like for b/w ? You can still buy the b/w stuff, but she wants
colour.

I know other practical problems abound, like the paper soaking up masses
of chemistry (though she believes she can wax/plastic coat the fibres so
that it will be like RC paper), drying etc.

If all goes well, this will keep me off the streets for years! :-)

Any pointers, hints etc. are deeply appreciated.

I hope people do not mind the cross-post to two lists: I am not sure how
many ure-silver folks are also on chroma...

Thanks !

Love,
Snoopy

--
"Ceterum censeo, digitalem esse delendam"