[pure-silver] Chemical questions: AmmoniumThiosulphate and Ascorbic Acid

  • From: "Breukel, C. (HKG)" <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pure Silver (F) (E-mail)" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 11:41:46 +0200

Hi,

I obtained 2 old (perhaps older than 20 years)  brown glass jars with
Ammonium Thiosulphate (made by BDH), stored in  cool, dark place, lids
closed. I seem to recall that the solid Ammonium Thiosulphate does not
store well, butI cannot find this back. Is this true?
(I can always mix a bit of fixer and see if it clears film. It's a pitty
to throw out the stuff if it still works ok)

I alos obtained 3 different bottles of Ascorbic acid, 2 of them are
labeled L(+) one is labeled L (-), I know what that means (it's their
rotation direction in solution, the correct terminology escapes me at
the moment). I assume that their function as a developing agaent is the
same, is this correc?

thanks,

Best,

Cor