[pure-silver] Change of subject - darkroom attire

  • From: Jeffrey Thorns <puresilver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 18:13:20 -0700

OK, it's a little lame, but I didn't really want to read too much about the proper preparation of tongue..... Though I confess to fighting with the dogs over the organs at Thanksgiving.... ;-)

Shirt should be lightweight, short-sleeved (avoid chemistry stains), and a dark color (avoid reflected light on paper). I choose a dark purple, myself.

Pants should be non-valueable jeans - you will, at some time, get some chemical on your hands and instinctively wipe them on your pants.

I also buy bulk latex gloves at Costco, and have found that they have many household uses beyond handling toners and such.

Always have a hand-towel handy in the darkroom, and launder it often. I don't know how I could function without my towel!