[pure-silver] Re: CAMERA MOVEMENTS!! was: Depth of Field (35mm vs. 4x5 or 8x10)

  • From: "Ken Hough " <k4sb@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:07:45 -0500

This is a good idea but depends on the subject. Camera movements turn
the two planes of focus into a wedge shape and the subject has to fit
into that wedge. That does not work for all subjects. However, where
it works, it is the way to go.Regards Ralph W. Lambrecht

>>The wedge shape is an interesting comparison. I think I'll have a
go at constructing a 3D CAD drawing of DOFs!
Ken

Ken Hough Photographic Repair
Specializing in Deardorff repair and refinishing
Shutter repair and Lens recementing
Custom machine work
www.deardorffcameras.0catch.com
219-462-0281