[pure-silver] Re: Becky Lynn's darkroom

  • From: Aaron Reece <oboeaaron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:38:58 -0400

Some years ago I was waiting in line at the local bike shop to buy a replacement tire for my Sears 10-speed, and the couple in front of me, both resplendent in their racing attire, were paying for the custom paint job on their tandem racing bike. Yes, you read that right, there is apparently a tandem bike racing circuit. As I recall the paint job ran to above $3000 USD, which was a lot of money in those days. I suppose the couple subscribed to the same philosophy as your buddy.

Best regards,
Aaron Reece

On Sep 20, 2007, at 11:10 AM, Justin F. Knotzke wrote:

 Same in sports. I have a buddy that I race bikes with and he always
  has the latest in cycling fashion and carbon fiber everything.

  His argument is that "if you look good but aren't fast, people will
  just think you are having a bad day". ;-)