[pure-silver] Re: Avedon

  • From: "Ken Hough " <k4sb@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 12:34:27 -0500

From Last week:
Richard Avedon passed on today.
A mutual friend of Dick and mine called me as soon as he found out
about the first hemmorrhage on Saturday at a shoot. I repaired his
8x10 Deardorff twice. He was a very nice and humble man. We used to
discuss the ease that the V8 Deardorff could be used. He loved that
camera. The first time he called me was 10 years ago. He said his V8
was not working smooth. I asked him if he ever lubed it. He gasped
and
said "never thought of it!" I sent him some grease I use with
instructions. He called me from location in Europe and was all
excited. He said he wished some people would change as much as his
camera after a "good lubing".  He used it till the end from what I
heard. Ken

Ken Hough Photographic Repair
Specializing in Deardorff repair and refinishing
Shutter repair and Lens recementing
Custom machine work
www.deardorffcameras.0catch.com
219-462-0281