[pure-silver] Re: Arista VC papers

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:52:20 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Zentena" <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 3:17 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Arista VC papers

> On Friday 22 April 2005 04:57, Breukel, C. (HKG) wrote:
>

>> ..I have no experience with Kentmere VC RC,
>> comments/opnions on this =
>> paper?
>>

> I haven't had a chance either. It's supposed to be a
> premium paper.
>
> If your friend is ordering the stuff for you I'll repeat
> ordering from
> Canada.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15226&item=7510222027
>

> http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15226&item=7510221597&rd=1
>
> That's Agfa and Ilford for the same price that Freestyle
> sells the Edu paper.
> That company [Photoco] also sells Kodak RC paper for about
> $2 more.
>
> http://www.photococan.com/catalog.htm
>
> That's their store website. On the store website the
> prices are in Canadian
> dollars. On Ebay the prices are in US dollars.
>
> Nick
     My only comment about Arista paper is that the stuff I
used about ten years ago has developed a pinkish-brown stain
in the _support_. Its noticable when compared to other
paper. I don't know what the cause is but it appeared very
soon after the prints were made. I may still have some of
this paper left in storage so I should probably check a
sample of unprocessed paper in the light to see if the stock
is just that color. I have no idea who made this paper
except that it definitely was not Ilford.

---