[pure-silver] Re: Acid Stop and FB was " RC to FB"

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 21:05:38 +0100

> I guess you'd still need to put the print thru a water rinse after the acid
> stop to minimize any effect on the alk fixer, right?

Sounds reasonable, but I don't do it, because I change the 1st fixing bath
as soon as silver levels have reached 0.8 g/l anyway.

> Do I really need another tray with acid stop?

No, you don't NEED it to protect the fixer if you rinse in between. However,
I can measure post development in the water bath if no stop bath was used. I
can even measure it in the fixer if no water rinse was used. This all does
not matter if you time your development AND your water bath and keep
consistency in your processing. I'm sure your way works fine that way.

Using a stop bath is a sure way to 'kill' development at a known processing
point and protect the fixer at the same time, that's all.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht