[pure-silver] Re: Acid Stop and FB was " RC to FB"

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 02:11:53 +0100

According to 'Post Development Processing' by Dr. Michael J. Gudzinowicz the
following are the recommended levels for commercial and archival processing:

                        Commercial                    Archival
Bath 1:
Max. Ag conc.:          2 g/l                         0.8 g/l
Bath 2:
Max. Ag conc.:          0.3 g/l                       0.05 g/l

Non-image Ag in paper: 0.005 mg/in^2 0

In his paper Gudzinowicz makes reference to other research done by Grant
Haist, the former director of research at Kodak, who cites the following
maximal permissible values for one-bath paper fixers:

                        Commercial                    Archival
Paper:
Max. Ag conc.:          0.3 g/l                       0.05 g/l

Non-image Ag in paper: 0.005 mg/in^2 0

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht