[pure-silver] Re: AW: Re: Any advice for purchase of densitometer.

  • From: Sandy King <sanking@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 17:31:48 -0500

I pretty much agree with what Juregen wrote about the problem with VC
paper. In fact, I would go so far as to say that for VC papers a
densitometer that reads only in Visual mode will be at least as
useful as a color densitometer that reads in Blue, perhaps even more
so. However, even a reading with a B&W densitometer will probably
indicate a density range that is actually less than the effective
printing density range of a stained negative with VC papers, and this
is due to the fact that VC papers are sensitive to both blue (high
contrast) and green (low contrast) light.

Sandy