[pure-silver] Re: A Walk Through the Exhibition

  • From: Jeffrey Krenzel <jkrenzel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:21:42 -0700 (PDT)

I felt the same way about many of the prints in the
Ansel Adams "100 year retrospective exhibition" of
several years ago.  They appeared muddy and not as
well printed as I remember seeing them at the last big
retrospective of his work that I saw (sometime in the
80's).  Did anyone else have this reaction to this
show?

However dim my visual memory might be regarding an
exhibition in the 80's, I thought that the prints
currently being printed from his negatives at that
gallery in Yosemite are much better printed than many
of the ones that I saw at this exhibit.