[pure-silver] Re: A Walk Through the Exhibition

  • From: Ray Rogers <earthsoda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 00:51:46 -0700 (PDT)

---------
> I've always thought of a huge sea of white (or
> whatever color) surrounding a small image as either;
>
> A big waste of mount board,
> An attempt to increase the percieved value of a
> piece or an
> An attempt to hide an 'underachieving' image
> I mean, if an image is strong, why not show it off?

Just one MORE person's opinion, but...

IMHO
Some images just don't look good in certain sizes!

Some people use size to attract attention... small can
do it just as well as large does, but for sure "in
your face" stuff is harder not to see, even though the
image may be petty bad. (BTW I once got neausea
viewing a large number or slighly greater than
lifesize picures a few years ago. (Never told the
photographer though!))

Ono Yoko once painted the word "yes" so small you
needed a magnyfing glass to see it, and it got one
Beatle's attention. Some images seem to me to have an
optimal size... and Size Play is often but not always
a play for attention. Kind of like Perfume or
Ribbons....

Ray