[pure-silver] Re: A Bloody Shame

  • From: titrisol <titrisol@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 22:39:11 -0700 (PDT)

Even though this maynot be as useful, you may also try using a magnet on the
other corner as a failsafe.

Mark Blackwell <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Depends Eric on the glue and
how much of a risk it would be in cost if it failed again.  Instead of glue you
need to try either something like an epoxy but I think I would go with JB Weld.
 It most likely is as strong as the plastic was, but it may not be that easy to
work with.  You also might consider adding another small piece of something
across the break to help strengthen it if you can, but Id guess that with JB
Weld you may not need it.

Now if you are putting at risk many  hundreds of dollars of paper to see if it
works, the risk reward might not be there to try.  Yet if you tried it, put a
few sheets in there for a test to see that its light tight and watched it
carefully, you might get by just fine.  A lot would depend on what you could do
if it broke again.  If the paper inside could still be protected Id see no harm
in trying it.

Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: The door to one of my Premier paper safes
went
kablooey the other day and now I find that they are no
longer made.  I tried a repair of the broken one but
it's a no-go.  Glueing plastic to plastic that's under
high spring tension will never hold

The only type that is still in production is the
lift-top box that won't work for someone like me who
needs 9 or more paper types at the ready.

Regal/Arkay who now markets Premier/Doran products,
said the safe I need was discontinued before they
bought the line.  They tried to get the parts to make
them but were unsuccessful.

So I'm watching ebay and Craigslist for these much
needed and now coveted items. =(

Eric

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

 Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.