[puduvailug] SFD Part - 2 , Public Outreach Program

  • From: "S.Ramaseshan Mukund" <ramaseshanmukund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: puduvailug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 22:30:37 +0530

Hi people,
Great to have an SFD done great with a lot of enthusiasm and with all odds
and great, we have great fun. As Prasanna mentioned in the discussion, "We
never lost the enthusiasm at any point".
So this year's SFD was celebrated short and sweet.
But wait, no, we are yet make the blast.

Yes, the SFD we celebrated was just the start. The main event is yet to
make into the streets , to the common citizens of our society. Yes, the
very definition of SFD, says taking Free Software and its philosophies to
the common citizens of our society.

Ok, yay ! lets take more about this.

We are yet to go the beach or some other common place where people gather a
lot and talk to them and educate them on Free Software. So here are a few
updates.

Venue : Yet to be fixed. (Probably Beach / park near the beach. Not sure)
Date : 11 - OCT - 2015 (Tentative, but cant delay any more)

Great, this is awesome, I can hear you say, "Count me in, I am coming",
but wait, I know you are going to come. But we need more than "I am coming".
We need some volunteers to take up some responsibilities so that the work
is distributed.

We need
1. 1 or 2 co-ordinator/s
2. A few volunteers to setup the date and venue, basically work with
murugavel and face the world
3. A lot of volunteers for the stalls, tough, I know you are putting a
stall on some Free Software you use.
4. Social media, and basic information spreading. (Marketing they call it
:-D )

Please do respond to this thread, if you are interested in any of the
above.

Also , if you have any ideas of doing this event a better way, please do
let us know.

Well this time, we are a little short on time, and we have a lot of work
to do. So The quicker the better.

Kudos to ya
--
S.Ramaseshan