RE: periodic overmodulation with ptr2

  • From: "George Kerscher" <kerscher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:27:29 -0600

Dear All,

I have a friend at Plextor. Here is his input.

From my friend:
Thanks for your notification.
I would like to drop following messages on the list, please let me know
your thought.

It is first time to hear periodic distortion.
Let me explain what causes are estimated.

1) Automatic Gain control effect the over level recording.
In this case, we recommend to select "Automatic Gain control off", and
setting the recording level manually

2) Miss-mating with external condenser microphone with internal battery
In this case, we recommend to use "Recommended Microphones" that meet
plug-in power compatible.

Please refer PTR2 manual section 16. General information about recording.

16.1.  Recording hardware.
* External Microphone (Optional).
Dynamic microphones and plug-in, power stereo microphones can be used.
Select any suitable microphone that uses a 3.5 millimeter diameter mini
jack plug.
For further information, refer to the section called "Recommended
Microphones" in Appendix A.

CAUTION:  When a condenser microphone is used, it must be plug-in power
compatible and must be used correctly,
otherwise, it may get damaged.  Please read the microphone manual carefully
before use.

KIND REGARDS

End of email from my friend:

I don't have enough personal knowledge to know if this is helpfull.

Let me know if this solves the problem. I cannot forward all messages to
this person at Plextor. However, I know that they are very interested in
making sure their products are beyond each users expetation.

It may be that some of these issues could be resolved with a future firmware
upgrade.

Trying to help.

Best
George