Re: periodic overmodulation with ptr2

  • From: Penny Golden <goldpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:07:49 -0600

I did not see your problem  addressed, Dean.
When you use the mike, you control the record volume, right?
Or is it on auto?  If it is on auto, you might try setting your own levels
If this is too simplistic, please forgive.
I found that using the "auto" did result in things getting a bit too high. So I have done all recording using the level settings.
I do very little voice recording, though.

Best,

Penny

At 01:08 PM 3/14/2007, you wrote:
I've had a problem for some time with my ptr2, which of course in many ways is a great device. I've used a couple different mikes, with the current one being, I believe, a good dictation mike. I'll be recording my voice, reading or speaking extemporaneously, and the unit will occasionally distort. the levels are otherwise good. I can't predict when this will happen, but it happens often enough to be annoying. Can anybody surmise if this is likely to be the microphone or the machine, and if the former, what mike to use?

Dean