PTR2 Questions

  • From: Keith Bucher <kbucher@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 08:42:50 +400

Hello,

    I am considering purchasing a PTR2, and I have a few questions.

    1.  If I record in MP3 format, can I use regular computer CDS?  From
what I have read, the only time I am required to use music CDS is
when I record in wave format.

    2.  If I am listening to MP3 files, does the fast forward and
rewind work the same way it does when listening to a daisy book?

    3.  I believe the manual says that when listening to a music CD
you can go directly to a particular track by using its number.
For example, if you want to listen to track 18.  Does this work well?

    4.  If for some reason, my computer isn't available or isn't close
at hand, can I copy files from a CF card to a regular computer CD
using the PTR2?

    5.  The manual doesn't refer to any card size larger than 2GB.  Is
this the maximum card size?

    6.  I know it's difficult to describe sound, but how would you
describe the audio of the internal speaker?  For example, how does
it compare to our NLS C-1 players?

    Thanks to everyone in advance for any information.

Keith