Re: Need Help Installing PRS

  • From: "John McCann" <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 21:59:40 -0400

Marilyn wrote:

[Your initials before your text; mine before my response comments]

[MD]: "I also tried using the add hardware option in the control panel.
After going to the d drive and driver folder, it says the software that is
about to be installed has not passed a Windows Logo test and that I should
not continue.  Then, as if I'm not intimidated enough yet, it says
something, and I'm paraphrasing here, to the effect that it could very well
blow up my computer if I continue anyway.  For all I know it might try to
spoil the milk in my refrigerator.  Is this really a problem, or is it
Microsoft's way of trying to keep us from installing other people's
software?

[JM]: Its Bill Gates being a cyber "trust-busting" Nazi; i.e., the warning
is BS. It is, as you have correctly suspected, Gate's way of intimidating us
/ dissuading us from installing software that he hasn't blessed...as though
its his place, perogative or right to do so.

[MD]: "Why can't installing software just be a straightforward task?  Seems
like I have to fiddle and troubleshoot everything that I want the computer
to do.  This is very frustrating.

[JM]: Again, all I can say by way of response is...see above!