[pskmail] xastir and jPSKmail-0.8.5, an unprecedented solution for HF aprs

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:28:56 +0100 (CET)

You can use several servers at the same time with xastir, so when you are at
home with an
internet connection you can set more than 1 interface.
Go to the Interface tab and set:

Device 0 UP   Internet Server netherlands.aprs2.net
Device 1 UP   Internet Server localhost 8063

Both interfaces will deliver posits and traces in exactly the same way,
I made the jpskmail posits compatible with the ones coming from the internet.

jpskmail listens to:
plain posits from clients and servers (you need server 1.0.28 for that)
the posits you get by issuing a ~GETNEAR command to the server,
which are the aprs stations and objects in your neighbourhood.

This way the combination of xastir and jPSKmail form an unbeatable
tactical messaging and mapping system for your public service support effort...