[pskmail] Re: question about rc2 en XPpro

  • From: "jcjglt@xxxxxxxxx" <jcjglt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 18:41:29 +1100

23/05/2011 18:00, skrev Per Crusefalk  :
mån 2011-05-23 klockan 07:27 +1100 skrev jcjglt@xxxxxxxxx:
hello,
I just tried to install the RC2 on two desktop pc (windows XP pro).
and on the two computer Jpskmail (1.0RC2) refuse to start.

Does anyone have any idea??
Fred F4EED
I upgraded to rc2 on two computers :
- one quite new laptop running both Ubuntu10.04LTS-2 and WindowsXP-SP3
family edition. No problem found, fldigi3.21.9 and rc2 started and
seem to work nicely ;
- the other being a Samsung Q1 tablet PC, built in 2006, running
Windows XP-SP3 tablet edition (kind of XP-Pro) : rc2 did not show on
the screen (Previous versions worked nicely on this PC), I tried to
uninstal it and installed again rc1 with the same result. I
reinstalled java from sun web page with the same result. I tried to
start jpakmail from various means : in a terminal, from a shortcut...
with the same result.
One first clue about what is happening came when uninstalling : all
files could not be erased as Windows said that they were used. I tried
to stop the computer to reset everything and found there a second
clue : a window indicated that jpskmail was running and was
uncontrollable, I had the choice to terminate it now and loose non
recorded informations or wait for a normal stop, I chose to wait and
when the horizontal bar was filled I got again the same window, again
and again... I eventually chose to terminate now and could halt the
computer.
My only conclusion at this level is that jPSKMail-rc2 starts and
freezes in background on this XP-pro PC but does not show on the
screen.

Hi,

Could be the error Fred had above. Try deleting/removing/renaming
configuration.xml.
It probably has issues with some value in there. If possible pse send
that file to me so that I can reproduce your error and make sure it
doesn't choke on whats in there.

73 de Per, sm0rwo

Hi,
I checked my jPSKMail directory on the Samsung tablet PC to find this configuration.xml file and send a copy to you and was quite surprised to find that THERE WAS NO SUCH FILE. I guess that after the first install of jpskmail this configuration.xml is created and then modified when I input datas like callsign, e-mail accounts details... but this file had not been created. I put into it a copy of the configuration.xml file found on the other computer where jpskmail is nicely working under Windows and Linux but got the same negative result. Next step should be to fully uninstall again jpskmail on the failing computer, download a new copy of rc2, freshly install it and restart to see what happens.
73 - jcglt Jean-Claude - FK8IH