[pskmail] question about rc2 en XPpro

  • From: "jcjglt@xxxxxxxxx" <jcjglt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 07:27:18 +1100

 hello,

I just tried to install the RC2 on two desktop pc (windows XP pro).
and on the two computer Jpskmail (1.0RC2) refuse to start.

 Does anyone have any idea??

 Fred F4EED

I upgraded to rc2 on two computers :
- one quite new laptop running both Ubuntu10.04LTS-2 and WindowsXP-SP3 family edition. No problem found, fldigi3.21.9 and rc2 started and seem to work nicely ; - the other being a Samsung Q1 tablet PC, built in 2006, running Windows XP-SP3 tablet edition (kind of XP-Pro) : rc2 did not show on the screen (Previous versions worked nicely on this PC), I tried to uninstal it and installed again rc1 with the same result. I reinstalled java from sun web page with the same result. I tried to start jpakmail from various means : in a terminal, from a shortcut... with the same result. One first clue about what is happening came when uninstalling : all files could not be erased as Windows said that they were used. I tried to stop the computer to reset everything and found there a second clue : a window indicated that jpskmail was running and was uncontrollable, I had the choice to terminate it now and loose non recorded informations or wait for a normal stop, I chose to wait and when the horizontal bar was filled I got again the same window, again and again... I eventually chose to terminate now and could halt the computer. My only conclusion at this level is that jPSKMail-rc2 starts and freezes in background on this XP-pro PC but does not show on the screen.