[pskmail] Re: problem with USER= in retrieving mail

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 20:35:35 +0200

Hi Fred,

I have been looking into the source of the POP3Client module, and it looks like
the pop server closes the socket. This is normally an autentication problem
(USER/PASS not recognized).
Does this combination work with a normal mail client (e.g. evolution)?

You can do a check with:
telnet pophost 110
(+OK)
USER user
(+OK)
PASS his_password
(+OK, Authenticated)
LIST
(l xxxx
2 xxx etc., nr + length...)
QUIT

If that does not work, check the userid and password again.

If you still have problems I will need the account password to test it
(send to my local account (rein at couperus.com), not to the list :).

But from here it looks like the pop server does work OK with port 110.

73,

Rein Pa0R

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com