[pskmail] Re: problem with USER= in retrieving mail

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 07:52:48 -0500

Hi Rein,

I just installed the rflinkserver.pl in the server and tried both fieldstonefarms@xxxxxxx and fred@xxxxxxxxxxxx The @domain is not getting stripped off any longer but I am still getting the same error from POP3Client.pm.

I notice that the error also occurs when the client first connects to the server, before any QTC is requested.

I'm heading to a ham club meeting and I'll test some more when I get back.

Thanks for your quick help!

73,
Fred - wb5con

Rein Couperus wrote:
Just sent you a test version which does not strip the @mail address to your private mail address...

Hi Rein,

I did see your welcome message on the laptop screen :>)

Unfortunately, the pskmail server is stripping off the @xxx.xxx from the user name. So, it will not authenticate properly with the pop3 server.

This is the same problem I have with my fred@xxxxxxxxxxx mail account. I have just been using a different account that uses a 'normal' user name.

If the server would pass the whole user name, I believe the problem would be solved for his and my mail accounts.