[pskmail] Re: mandriva cd

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 00:31:42 +0100

Hi Jason and all,

I'm not sure abt that, I remember someone asking something similar a
while ago, I believe they ended up removing tha HD and installing on
another pc (and then moved it back). I'll have a look.
But, if you are able to get knoppix onboard that way then you could
probably get ubuntu too. If you install ubuntu then you can install
pskmail just by following the instructions on the wiki. Ubuntu has a
live mode too so you can check that its working before installing.

Regarding your other question I am still thinking abt it (the BBS
function). I guess you want to connect through the ethernet interface
and not over radio then ? Connecting over radio requires arq and that
protocol is a bit difficult to handtype.. Connecting to the servers
internet interface using ssh would put you in a normal shell, from there
you can for instance use mutt (text based email client) or whatever is
installed on the server. But, to connect to the servers internet
interface you'll need an internet connection and if you have that then
you may as well use a normal email client on your pc.
You may need to connect to the server for some administrative functions,
in order to ease that task I wrote a script you can have as a cron job.
What it does is that it checks a pop account for an email containing
commands. I use it to kick gmfsk at times (if its locked up).
As you see I am still confused abt what you actually wanted.

Time for bed here so 73 de Per, sm0rwo