[pskmail] Re: mandriva cd

  • From: jason matonis <kb2sdrjay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 06:44:38 -0800 (PST)

Per,

  Connecting over radio requires arq and that protocol is a bit difficult to
handtype.

  That is what I had in mind. I was just wondering if it were possible, thought
it would be an option just in case there were computer problems and you
couldn't access pskmail software.

  I believe they ended up removing tha HD and installing on another pc (and
then moved it back).

  I will be going that route, I just ordered the adapter for my computer, can't
beat 2 dollars. As soon ast it comes I will play around with the installs, will
try the mandriva server cd then see if I can install fldigi also. I really
enjoy playing with different operatin systems especially linux, because there
are a lot of options and you are in control of it mostly. Just wish I could
full get away from windows but there are some really good programs for that OS,

  I am  hoping to get my setup operation soon, within a week. It will really be
nice once I get High speed internet, but I have been waiting since September.
My punishment for moving from the city out to the middle of nowhere!! hihi.

  Thanks again for your help
  Jason

Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get
things done faster.