[pskmail] Re: What Band

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 13:53:39 +0200

Hi Mike,

I know Skip Teller, KH6TY, has a lot of experience of similar things.
One thing he mentioned was that radios can drift a lot more on the
higher frequencies and you need also to be sure that you use the same
sideband (or else AFC will compensate the wrong way). Skip has worked
with Dave, w1hkj, and has made some changes to the latest fldigi.
In the settings of fldigi you can now control wether you should be able
to tune the signal using the mouse or the vfo. Using the mouse could be
really useful on vhf/uhf (drift etc) so I recommend that you have a look
at the latest fldigi:
http://www.w1hkj.com/alpha/fldigi-1.35L.nhl.bin.tgz

73 de Per, sm0rwo