[pskmail] Re: What Band

  • From: "karel Fassotte" <karel.fassotte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 09:42:44 -0500

We did a lot of testing selecting NVIS frequencies.
Up here at the equator, Ecuador, the maximum frecuencies can be higher
than at higher latitudes. We use now at the solar minimum 2 bands. a
daytime band, 7Mhz. and the night time frequencies at 3.9Mhz. You will
have to select frequencies lower than we do. 5Mhz band, or even 3.5Mhz
at night 3.5Mhz.

If you want to stay within 500km, you should maintain your horizontal
antena, below 1/4 Lambda at tha highest frequency. Opening arround 70
to 90 degrees. Do not use a vertical, that has a radiation much more
flat, from 20 to 60 degrees.
greetings
Karel
HC1AKP / PE2KFA

2007/5/20, Ed <autek@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Per Crusefalk wrote:
>> Thanks for the input Per. I've never done any close in work before and
>> was just looking for some suggestions.
>>
>> Hope the house moving is going well
>>
>> Ed W3NR
>>

> Hi Ed,
>
> I'm afraid my previous answer sounded a bit harsh, I guess that was my
> Swedish shining through (it was intended as a humble suggestion).
> I would try 80 and NVIS anyway...

It was taken as a humble suggestion.

> 73 de Per, sm0rwo

73