[pskmail] Re: PSKMAIL - More Speed

  • From: "Per Crusefalk" <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 16:53:50 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

Great, good that you are having fun and that you have lots of fun left to
discover and learn about. Regarding that thinkpad, what are the specs with
regards to processor and memory etc (you may have mentioned that but my
memory is short).

Yes, it is certainly possible to release a client cd with a live
installer. I will make that a priority and release one as soon as I can.
I should upgrade that client cd as well, it needs a new kernel and lots of
new stuff (including these new modes).

Regarding fldigi I saw that the author had a bunch of gmfsk mods in a
patch. That patch included a pskmail IPC mechanism (the simple one) so I
will ask him if he might consider creating the same IPC for fldigi.
It would be interesting to try PSK125, when I run mobile I usually have
pretty good S/N and more speed could be good then. I havent tried that
mode at all so I will have to ask a friend, sm0ohc, for a sched.

Yes, that wish list for adaptive speed and mode according to condx is
something to wish indeed. If we could upgrade the IPC mechanism to
something more modern then we could "easily" order mode changes. The
mil-std is good that way as the receiving modem will autoadjust to the
incoming speed and interleaver settings. For psk125 etc we might have to
transfer that info on a higher level, which is a challenge.

Yes, I saw that rule change. I was under the impression that it was a
proposal and not a final decision ? I wonder why they would want to do
that, eliminate QRM for BPL or what ?
We might have to consider our options for what to do here. Only allow
connect frames using narrow modes and then only allow speedups for non-U.S
callsigns ? Or, lets see where PSK125 takes us.