[pskmail] Re: Need PSKMail for Disaster Relief Operations

  • From: "karel Fassotte" <karel.fassotte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 14:48:28 -0500

Hi Walt,  Per and all others.
We have been evaluating the use of PSKmail and other programs like
RFSM2400 for emergency relieve overhere in Ecuador and are convinced
that both could do a good job.
About the ultility of PSKmail, there is no way ignoring it. I hope
people will not ignore other usefull software, although made for
Windows, but runnng effeiciently under Linux Wine. We evaluated
RFSM2400 using a modified milstd 188-110a  running under wine. This
program is capable to send broadcast mensages in beacon mode, also P2P
files tranfer, like fotos and conference.
We use the software for FTP services and a radio mail system.
The program is realy robust in getting files through. It is using an
adaptive speed mode depending on propagation. We can get normaly more
than 2Kbs user speed on the link.
You may downlaod the latest version form our website:
http://www.oftelsat.com/RFSM_2400/rfsm_2400.html
Look a little bit down the page for the file to download.
Walt we use here in Ecuador 7.045Mhz USB day and night for 1 hop
distances, 1000km. What frecuencies are in use in Mexico?
greetings
Karel
HC1AKP

I don´t know if Per wnet on trying te get the RFSM2400 under wine work well.

2007/5/2, Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi Walt,

I'm at home for two months now so I can support you 24/7 if needed. Pse
send details abt what Dell PC you are having issues with and I'll do my
best to try to get something that works for you.

Its a great thing you are doing there, wish you all the best!