[pskmail] Re: Navcomputer

  • From: Remi Chateauneu <remi.chateauneu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 16:02:16 +0100

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 8:02 PM, Franco Spinelli <frspin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Il 24/12/2012 19:19, Remi Chateauneu ha scritto:
>>
>> Hi Franco,
>>
>> gpsbabel -i kml -f in.kml -o gpx -F out.gpx
>>

>> What was your command please ?
>>
> I was using GUI for gpsbabel named gpsbabelfe
>
> Using command line I get correct Synop.gpx file

It is possible to add this command in the KML config tab. It will be
called in each time fldigi creates a new KML file. If the command
takes too long to run, it is not restarted intul it is finished (It
checks that the process id is still there)

> Now in Opencpn there are many WP and, for each WP, in <Properties> there is
> source of HTML table. No HTML interpreter in Opencpn!
>
> There is a need of a "translator" from HTML table to a more user friendly
> lay-out in Opencpn.

Indeed. In the mean time, instead of fldigi  generating HTML data in
KML balloons, it is possible to simply create plain text data (At the
moment, there is only HTPL matrix/table output in the KML config tab).
Which kind of output is possible for a WayPoint in OpenCPN and
generally speaking GPX ? Plain text ? With tabs ? Special characters
such as UTF8 ?

Regards

Remi F4ECW