[pskmail] Re: Aw: V2 on W7: not transmitting, not seeing audio

  • From: Sander Pool <sander_pool@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 22:53:26 -0400

Hi Rein,

I looked at the sound card setup but I'm not sure what it helped. My sound interface was installed a while back and works fine. It is not the primary in nor out though and that's also not recommended in general so I'm not sure what to make of that part of the document. I have the right audio devices selected although it's odd that there are two copies, one with a 'port' prefix. Neither works.

I installed the RxTx library according to the instructions. Still PTT doesn't get triggered when I press 'connect'. I'll try vox but naturally I'll first need to see some audio being generated on the right port and right now that's not happening.

I played with the level and sql sliders but no effect. I see no movement on the waterfall.

I'm not sure what else I can try right now other than reverting to version 1.5 because I know fldigi works fine but I'm not sure what I'll give up then, besides the opportunity to help move 2.0 forward.

Software I've used that works fine: fldigi (using hamlib), JT65-HF, WSPR, HRD. I'm probably missing some switch or setting somewhere that prevents jpskmail from working but the setup in general is fine. Devices loaded and radio fully controllable using CAT and PTT.

Thanks and 73,

    Sander W1SOP

On 8/23/2012 5:49 AM, Rein Couperus wrote:
Hi Sander,
tnx, this is stuff we are looking for...
Some more questions:
1.: Have you looked at http://www.pskmail.org/jPSKmail-2.0.x_on_windows7.html ? 2: Have you installed the RxTx java library? It takes care of the handling of the USB ports...
3.: Have you tried without PTT, using VOX?
4.: Have you tried to use the device with Fldigi? If it works there, it can give you clues
about ports, audio devices etc...

If you set the main server in 'User data' it will be remembered... as soon as you can hear more than 1 server they will automatically be added to the drop down list at the bottom
of the app...

You can retrieve any web page (text only) via the Info menu...
Just fill in the URL in the Info->Get web pages form, connect and select the URL... The server ops are responsible for keeping the wiki servers page up to date...

I am always using V2 with VOX, and the cat control of my 897 is broken, so I
cannot test properly... I don't own a Microham interface to test it...
Actually, I can use the FT897 with just an audio cable, no interface.