[projectaon] Re: projectaon Digest V4 #28

  • From: "McSwain LeRoy" <simonaamanarfan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 22:25:33 -0500

i'm going to admit that i don't know much about copyright laws and licenses and things, but as the copyright itself resides in Mr. Dever, shouldn't he be the one to decide whether or not to contact hotu?

From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [projectaon] Re: projectaon Digest V4 #28
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 22:43:22 +0000

Iain Smith wrote:
My thoughts match yours. As you said, their Lone Wolf page has a link to PA, so no problems there, they're also quite amicable when it comes to removing software downloads when complaints are received, however Underdogs hasn't been updated in over a year, so I'm not sure how effective any removal request would be. I'm not sure if the site is being updated in the background despite the lack of visible updates. As soon as we make the books available I would also suggest that a request be made for the unofficial PDF be replaced with a link to PA.

Of course, as long as we don't have the books online, having copies of the book at The Underdogs might actually help us, since it gives contributors without copies of the books access to the original text, if they really feel like mucking in with the editing and whatnot.