[projectaon] Re: Updated 01fftd.pdf and uploaded first version of 02fotw.pdf

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 12:36:10 +0100

On 21/07/2010 22:18, Ingo Kloecker wrote:
Hi,

I have created a first PDF of 02fotw:
   http://www.projectaon.org/staff/ingo/02fotw.pdf

Note: This book contains two images spanning two pages. I have rotated
those images and put them on one page.

After having a quick look at this PDF I noticed two issues (which are
also present in the PDF of 01fftd):
- The entry Random Number Table in the toc linked to the wrong section.
- References to the Random Number Table in the text linked to the action
chart.

This looks very good indeed. The only thing I'm not sure about is the two-page illustrations. I wonder whether it's possible to rotate these pages to landscape for on-screen viewing, and therefore have the caption running parallel to the image rather than being at 90 degrees to it.

Just a suggestion, and aside from that, it looks superb. We should probably resolve the outstanding errata issues with Book 2 before we release the pdf, though. There aren't many of them, and it will prevent having to revisit the pdf for minor edits later on.